These talks can be customized for your organization. Additional talk topics can also be created. These talks can be customized for either a virtual platform or in-person delivery.
Embracing Invisible Disabilities in the Workplace
One in three working-age adults have an invisible disability and that number is rising. The good news is that people with invisible disabilities can be just as productive as anyone else. However, embracing invisible disability in the workplace requires trust, good communication and an innovative mindset
In this online presentation, professional storyteller Jason Reid shares real-life insight into what it is like to work with an invisible disability, as well as manage and support others who have the same challenges.
Attendees will learn:
- The challenges of invisible disability in the workplace and mindset for success.
- How managers and employees with invisible disabilities can build trust and improve communication.
- How peers and managers can support those with invisible disabilities in the workplace by adopting an innovative mindset.
Thriving with Invisible Disability and Chronic Illness
Getting others to understand the challenges of living with an invisible illness is a difficult task. Jason looks at how our society has historically viewed sickness and disability, and why that needs to change. He also shares engaging and sometimes humorous personal stories and advice about how we can best communicate with others and manage complicated health strategies.
Overcome Adversity by Aiming Higher (Keynote)
When we face life obstacles such as long-term illness, we often withdraw and avoid activities that build personal growth. There are times when that work promotion, new project or personal challenge is just what we need to add energy and vitality to our lives and add value to those we serve.
Jason takes you on an inspirational journey filled with funny and emotional true-life stories to show you what is possible in even the worst of times when you take responsibility for inspiring yourself and others.
Jason has spoken to these audiences and more:
- Shaw Communications
- Ikea Americas
- Stenhouse Publishers/Zaner-Bloser
- PocketWatch Inc.
- Ryan, LLC.
- T.D. Bank (Global)
- Canadian Society of Association Executives
- Ontario Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB)
- The Arthritis Society of Canada
- Ontario Occupational Health Nurses Association (OOHNA)
- Saskatchewan Association of HR Professionals (SAHRP)
- University of Calgary
- Human Resource Management Association of Manitoba (HRMAM)
- Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- Queens University
- Ontario Healthy Workplace Coalition
- York Regional Police
- Government of Ontario