These programs can be customized for your organization. Additional topics can also be created. Programs can be customized for either a virtual platform or in-person delivery.
Embracing Invisible Disabilities in the Workplace
This is both Jason’s signature program and by far his most popular.
One in three working-age adults have an invisible disability and that number is rising. The good news is that people with invisible disabilities can be just as productive as anyone else. However, embracing invisible disability in the workplace requires trust, good communication and an innovative mindset
Jason Reid shares real-life insight into what it is like to work with an invisible disability, as well as how to manage and support others who have the same challenges.
Attendees will learn:
- The challenges of invisible disability in the workplace.
- How managers and employees with invisible disabilities can build trust, improve communication and remove barriers to success.
- How peers and managers can support those with invisible disabilities in the workplace by adopting an innovative mindset.
Available on-line or in person.
Ideal for: Large organizations, DEI initiatives, Employee Resource Groups.
Also includes additional resources for continued learning.
Thriving with Invisible Disability and Chronic Illness
Getting others to understand the challenges of living with an invisible illness is a difficult task. Jason looks at how our society has historically viewed sickness and disability, and why that needs to change. He also shares engaging and sometimes humorous personal stories and advice about how we can best communicate with others and manage complicated health strategies.
Mental Health and Neurodiversity Topics
Jason has spoken to many organizations including:
- Bell Canada
- US. Food and Drug Administration (Veterinary Services)
- Canadian Society of Nutrition Management
- Coinbase Inc.
- Shaw Communications
- Ikea Americas
- Stenhouse Publishers/Zaner-Bloser
- PocketWatch Inc.
- Ryan, LLC.
- T.D. Bank (Global)
- Canadian Society of Association Executives
- Ontario Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB)
- The Arthritis Society of Canada
- Ontario Occupational Health Nurses Association (OOHNA)
- Saskatchewan Association of HR Professionals (SAHRP)
- University of Calgary
- Human Resource Management Association of Manitoba (HRMAM)
- Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- Queens University
- Government of Ontario